Friday, May 18, 2012

Costa Rica quilling






I recently went on a family vacation to Costa Rica. While there, I noticed all of the cute hand-made souvenirs and thought, "Hey, I can make some of these!"  These quillings are for my scrapbook.  I plan on doing some other Costa Rica-inspired crafts sometime in the future.



My supplies were purchased from Michael's and JoAnne's craft stores. 
(Side note - don't ever buy anything full price from these stores, there are always deals and coupons!) 

-Slotted quilling tool, approx. $4
-2 pkgs 250 multicolor quilling strips (1/8" by 12"), approx $7 each 
-I used 12"x12" scrapbooking cardstock for the black and cut my own strips
-Glue
-Toothpick for applying glue
-Sewing pins to hold the shapes while the glue was hardening





Here is a site I found helpful for beginning quilling:
http://increations.blogspot.com/2009/12/quilling-tips-patterns-and-tutorials.html

No comments:

Post a Comment