Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Colorful nail tips




As a nurse who washes her hands what seems like several hundred times a day, my nail polish tends to chip very quickly.  Instead of completely taking my polish off and starting over, sometimes I choose to just fix the tips.  When I do,  I get lots of comments from people who can't believe I do it myself.  With practice and the right brushes, it really isn't that difficult. Here is one of the ways I do it!




Supply list: 
-Base coat (purple)
-2 colors with small brushes (Pink/green), or your own small brushes
- Clear top coat


The small brushes are the secret to my success.  They make it very easy to do thin, sharp lines. Pretty much any place you can buy nail polish sells these now.  WalMart has a decent selection.





 Step 1: Apply first color, making quick, confident strokes.  If you try to go really slowly and precisely, chances are you'll end up with a wobbly line.  Experiment with brush positions to see what works best for you.
.


Step 2: Apply second color after first is completely dry



Step 3: Apply clear top coat


It's as easy as that!  I sometimes do patterns like this, other times just solid french manicure tips. Have fun painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment